1. The Jewish People were sustained in the desert with the manna.
2. One miraculous characteristic:
it was absorbed in their inner organs -not expelled from their bodies.
3. In the 40th year in the desert they said to Moshe they were going to die from the manna.
4. It would expand in their innards & their intestines burst.
5. G-d sent poisonous vipers to bite them; He said, "You are ingrates who descend from an ingrate".
6. Adam is depicted as an ingrate when he said to G-d "It is the woman you gave me".
7. Chava was given to Adam as a helpmate to perfect himself, yet he accuses G-d as the One who is responsible for his failing.
8. What is the difference between an ingrate and one who is unappreciative?
9. The unappreciative truly doesn't understand that he is the beneficiary of another's goodness.
10. The ingrate perceives something that is truly good as something extremely detrimental.
11. This was the Jew's reaction to the manna & Adam's retort to G-d.
12. The Rabbis enacted the blessing of the "The True Judge” when one hears bad tidings.
13. Though the tiding is perceived as negative & detrimental it is in fact the ultimate good.
14. Had they not enacted this, and one asks "why", one would be considered an ingrate.